MVP. Justin Verlander. Detroit.
Best Moments of 2011 #2
- Let’s Get It, Tigers — $narf is back. The hiatus is gone. Let’s win this division, take the AL Pennant, and claim the World Series. Look, I’ve had enough. Oldschool and I are done: we let y’all do your thing, and once we stopped watching because we moved in to our new home and cable wasn’t hooked up, the Detroit [...]
- Winning & Losing — As I sit watching the Tigers, I realize how little I’ve learned in 2+ weeks moving into this new house. You see, we didn’t watch TV at all until this past Tuesday. And in those two weeks, oldschool and I felt a vacation-like peace emanating all around us. We watched the Grand River flow, listened [...]
- FIRST PITCH, PINCH HIT, LEAD TAKING HOME RUN FOR J.D. MARTINEZ IN HIS FIRST GAME BACK FROM THE DL! — [...]
- Struggling with Small Ball — So, our Detroit Tigers are on pace to score a record amount of their runs via the home run – but is this necessarily a good thing? I miss the manufacturing of runs, bunts with guys on base, sacrifice flies with snarfs on 3rd and less than two outs… if we mixed it up more [...]
- Hour of Darkness — Just finished season four of “Orange Is the New Black,” and with a full moon in the sky and Melania Trump stealing Michelle Obama’s speech from 2008 – you would think we were all turning into monsters. How else can you describe the tyranny in this mad world? While the show is partly fictional, it’s [...]