MVP. Justin Verlander. Detroit.
Best Moments of 2011 #2
- Change the Batting Order — You could claim the Tigers’ resurgence of late is due to Brad’s infamous ejection on Monday, but maybe it has had more to do with the return of originally drafted by Detroit Cameron Maybin? In just four games back in uniform, he is leading our team with as many stolen bases. And he’s worked the [...]
- Welcome to the Jungle — How else can you describe an 8-0 Tigers advantage vacated by the seventh inning – only to be took back again on more superhero baseball. The 1st inning was magical – our first game back at Comerica with Kirby’s ashes in right-center field. Ian Kinsler led off by smashing the first pitch from Minnesota over [...]
- Just Because We Won… — Changes nothing, Detroit. I’ve written articles in the past on “Superhero” baseball where our Gs bail out Brad with late-inning comebacks and home run heroics. Yesterday afternoon was no different. We led 1-0, then gave up three first inning runs. (Joba Jr. is coming along but I thought Daniel Norris was our guy?) Ian Kinlser [...]
- An End to ENDURISM — Every game is the same. We leave runners on base and it comes back to haunt us… and despite usually having an early lead we keep blowing it. Can you fathom the psychological torture we’re enduring? And this is what leads me to the Teal Swan’s ENDURING video, for Detroit is neglecting it’s teams just [...]
- God Save Us — I can’t say I’ve ever seen a team with this much talent be so poorly coached/managed. The Lions sure did squander some games, too, but Brad Ausmus makes Jim Caldwell look like Vince Lombardi (I almost said Joe… whoops). How can we keep showing up and dressing in our gear and being eternally hopeful? This [...]