MVP. Justin Verlander. Detroit.
Best Moments of 2011 #2
- Carry On, Cubs — Heard that song on the radio, and it embodies the spirit of you, Chicago Cubs. As my friend from Seattle said tonight, you are my National League team. My twin sister from the north side. My team, in 2017. I was all-in with you tonight, and you, unlike my fucking sorry ass Detroit Tigers DID [...]
- Season (& Night(s)) to Remember — Well, West Michigan: it was not the way we wanted it to end, losing the final two games at home by one run each time. BUT – you lost several key players and still provided the river with one helluva season. I elected to listen to game three on the radio and hear the roar from [...]
- Always on My Mind — I almost can’t believe it, but a year has passed since I sadly said goodbye to my West Michigan Whitecaps when they exited the Midwest League playoffs. HERE I AM – making my return! To see this first year pass on the river has been truly unreal. We moved in late last season, so I [...]
- Despicable Detroit — The clock had just struck midnight in West Michigan. September had arrived – as did my younger brother, whose car door could be heard at 11:59. It was supposed to be lucky: since we were kids and Nickelodeon told us to begin each month by saying, “rabbit, rabbit,” we strove for it, even getting it [...]
- Must Stop Repeating the Past — Detroit cannot keep repeating the same juvenile habits that have crippled us in seasons past. I’m LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU, BRAD AUSMUS. DO YOUR GODDAMN JOB. Stop depending on spread sheets, matchups, and absurd statistics to make every basic decision for you. You’ve had enough time to acclimate to being manager, and you must find [...]