Torii Hunter, likely the Tigers player who has been a father the longest (Torii Hunter Jr. is a Notre Dame football player and a Tigers 2013 draft pick), scored the walk-off game-winning run in the bottom of the ninth on a sacrifice fly to center field.
The Tigers Take Father’s Day for Detroit
- Cubs Championship Parade Pictures — What a nice, sunny day in Chicago for the first parade in 108 years! Here are some nice printscreens I took while watching them wind through the streets, ending with a center stage production: The atmosphere was overwhelming, with people pouring out to support the team they’ve loved forever. The excitement was palpable, bringing everyone [...]
- Cubs Win World Series! — They did it. Game 7, November 2nd, 2016: The Chicago Cubs are World Series Champions! Congratulations to Chicago, what a comeback after Cleveland tied it at six… here are the highlights from extra innings set to the most hopeful music of all time, the “Rookie of the Year” theme [...]
- Cubs Overcome All Obstacles — That was the craziest game I can remember in a long time. Stakes that high, (on my birthday!), watching a game seven where neither team had won a World Series in forever – 1948 for Cleveland and 1908 for Chicago, and to have extra innings? Insane. The Cubs led off the game with a home [...]
- ONE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! — [...]
- GO CUBS GO! — How can you not feel good watching the Chicago Cubs? I found myself transfixed on the TV in game five, realizing these guys couldn’t leave Wrigley without a win. It’s been tricky with Cleveland getting undeserved home field advantage. And even though I wanted them out of the remaining teams to win the AL, that [...]