Torii Hunter, likely the Tigers player who has been a father the longest (Torii Hunter Jr. is a Notre Dame football player and a Tigers 2013 draft pick), scored the walk-off game-winning run in the bottom of the ninth on a sacrifice fly to center field.
The Tigers Take Father’s Day for Detroit
- Welcome to Detroit, Justin Upton! — Even with our lousy manager at the helm, Al Avila has upgraded our bullpen, lineup, and rotation to again put us in elite company. To be 100, there’s not even close to another team this good on paper. HIRE [...]
- Kinsler ROBBED of Gold Glove
- Good Luck Detroit Tiger Gold Glove Finalists! — Ian Kinsler (2B), J.D. Martinez (RF), & formerly from Detroit Yoenis Cespedes (LF) are all among the top three finalists at their respective positions for a Golden Glove Award. The winners will be announced Tuesday the 10th at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. First, let’s compare the top three second basemen: Kinsler played in 153 [...]
- Billy Joel Sings National Anthem in New York at World Series — [...]
- COME ON, METS! — COME [...]