Torii Hunter, likely the Tigers player who has been a father the longest (Torii Hunter Jr. is a Notre Dame football player and a Tigers 2013 draft pick), scored the walk-off game-winning run in the bottom of the ninth on a sacrifice fly to center field.
The Tigers Take Father’s Day for Detroit
- The Lost City of Detroit — I didn’t realize how abandoned the city of Motown was until I took at class at the University of Michigan breaking down the “white flight.” I’ve written it before: the city of Detroit, like it’s sports teams, is actually in great current standing – yet the money remains in the suburbs still. Where are the [...]
- Love Defies Logic — As oldschool went to bed, the clock was past midnight Eastern time. The Tigers led 1-0 behind a Big Cat home run, gave up a two-run blast, tied it on another solo shot from Upton, and then went on to give up 7 straight runs. Down 9-2, J.D. Martinez had lifted a two-run shot out [...]
- Almost Unbearable — Brad Ausmus and I do not think alike. Unless it’s just the way Big Cat and our hitters approach the game – not working the count, swinging at the first fastball they see. Personally, I do not enjoy watching the 2016 Detroit Tiger offensive style. And it’s only May. Unless Ausmus is dismissed for Kirk [...]
- Change the Batting Order — You could claim the Tigers’ resurgence of late is due to Brad’s infamous ejection on Monday, but maybe it has had more to do with the return of originally drafted by Detroit Cameron Maybin? In just four games back in uniform, he is leading our team with as many stolen bases. And he’s worked the [...]
- Welcome to the Jungle — How else can you describe an 8-0 Tigers advantage vacated by the seventh inning – only to be took back again on more superhero baseball. The 1st inning was magical – our first game back at Comerica with Kirby’s ashes in right-center field. Ian Kinsler led off by smashing the first pitch from Minnesota over [...]