Congratulations to Michigan on an amazing season.
Connecticut Championship Caps Magical March Madness
- Happy Thanksgiving, Snarfs — On this day, where we give thanks, I am grateful for: The ability to write, especially about sports, which I love. To cover Detroit, the city my father is from, and the teams I love: Michigan, Tigers, Clippers, Red Wings, Pistons, Lions, Whitecaps, Griffins, Peyton & Denver, and every sporting event with swag that allows [...]
- More Greatness from Billy W. — How blessed are we? Bill Walton is announcing this whole fucking Maui tournament! (Or so it seems!) Here are some gems I took down during his broadcasting of Chaminade-UNLV: At 6-1, minutes into action: “Let’s just call the game and give it to Chaminade right now.” Other announcer: Really? “Throw it down one time big [...]
- The G of Bill Walton — Here’s a collection of what I was able to catch during the 2nd half of Bill Walton announcing the St. John’s-Vanderbilt game this afternoon: Bill is not a fan of the double-double: “The double-double is the most overrated in the history of stats.“ While talking about some swimming team staying near his hotel: “17 of [...]
- The Biggest G in Town: John Mulaney — John Mulaney is a man who cannot control his swag. That means, his swagger is out of control. (People don’t understand this is the highest of compliments!) After kind of being shit on with the canceling of his show, Mulaney, our boy storms back to the stage to deliver an improved upon performance, which is saying [...]
- Michigan Debuts Successfully — Last season, to the unobserved, Michigan appeared to have an extremely poor season. However, it was due to the entire starting five turning pro from the national championship game, not to mention our few upperclassmen (Caris LeVert & Derrick Walton) getting hurt during the season. The AP poll respected our down the stretch effort, our [...]