Jimmy Howard is net-minding like a beast right now in Hockeytown!
Red Wings 3, Oilers 0
- Bullied Home — I thought my Broncos won Super Bowl 50 and the NFL season was over. Nope. Watching some amazing Gs wearing the winged-wheel get pushed around by constant clutching, grabbing, cheap-shotting, illegal hitting, and general dirtiness AGAIN was fucked. They always do it to Detroit because we have the most talented skaters and they can’t catch up. [...]
- Too Many Teams to Follow — So, it’s not the Palestine-Israel conflict, but seeing my Tigers on opening day created a log-jam at centerfield with the Pistons on TNT at the same time. (NO, that analogy DOES NOT need to make sense!) For real though, oldschool & I were on another Justin Verlander ride and our poor pushing for the playoffs [...]
- Lacking Focus to Finish in Detroit — The Tigers: maybe the best team in Detroit history has YET to win a ring. Meanwhile, division mate Kansas City hoists the World Series trophy and back-to-back AL Pennants. The Lions: bye, Megatron. Detroit continues to be pessimistic about their football team, despite having the best QB in the NFL and an array of talent. [...]
- Good Work, Red Wings & Pistons — While I was at my mom’s I couldn’t witness the Pistons ball out against the Raptors. Boy, did they hound them and attack the rim en route to another victory. It’s all about plugging away at this point. One win at a time will separate you entirely from the field in the end. NO ONE [...]
- Red Wings Claim Winter Classic — Albeit, the cotton-winter classic, what with the fake cotton snow blowing all over the ice in Denver! Nonethless, the resilient Red Wings beat their old rivals 5-3 in Colorado. Detroit played the Avalanche in an old-timers game last night, featuring all our hall of famers against their hall of shamers. We are so classy, we [...]