With two games left, Indiana had already clinched a share of the title, and a Senior Night win against Ohio State would have given them the title outright. Instead, Ohio State’s win keeps the race wide open, as Michigan can claim a share for themselves by beating Indiana, and both OSU and MSU can join the tie if Michigan wins. In the race for the 6th-9th seeds, the only certainty is that Iowa will not be 9th.
Projecting the 2013 Big Ten Basketball Race: March 8
- Wisconsin Upsets Undefeated Kentucky — They fucking did it. After losing to Kentucky in last year’s Final Four, it was a personal vendetta for Bo Ryan and the Badgers to beat John Calipari’s douchey Wildcats this time. Wisconsin used their size to outrebound the trees 34-22. The game was 60-56 UK with just over five minutes until the Big Ten [...]
- We Salute You, Spartans — Hell of a ride, Michigan [...]
- One Shining Spartans — Michigan State came back to dominate the second half and cut down the nets. Tom Izzo outcoached Rick Pitino, holding them to the lowest shooting half by any team in the entire tournament. Pitino looked Calipari-Like on the sideline, clearly flustered once we got back in it. There was no ball movement, just desperation. For [...]
- ONWARD SPARTAN — Michigan State overcame some early struggles to keep at bay, trailing only 31-27 at halftime. Denzel Valentine found his rhythm in the second half, where he combined with Travis Trice to score 27 points, the same as the Sooners entire team. Sparty played as a more complete unit, staying composed against an athletic, cocky Oklahoma [...]
- SWEET SIXTEEN BOUND — [...]