With two games left, Indiana had already clinched a share of the title, and a Senior Night win against Ohio State would have given them the title outright. Instead, Ohio State’s win keeps the race wide open, as Michigan can claim a share for themselves by beating Indiana, and both OSU and MSU can join the tie if Michigan wins. In the race for the 6th-9th seeds, the only certainty is that Iowa will not be 9th.
Projecting the 2013 Big Ten Basketball Race: March 8
- More Greatness from Billy W. — How blessed are we? Bill Walton is announcing this whole fucking Maui tournament! (Or so it seems!) Here are some gems I took down during his broadcasting of Chaminade-UNLV: At 6-1, minutes into action: “Let’s just call the game and give it to Chaminade right now.” Other announcer: Really? “Throw it down one time big [...]
- The G of Bill Walton — Here’s a collection of what I was able to catch during the 2nd half of Bill Walton announcing the St. John’s-Vanderbilt game this afternoon: Bill is not a fan of the double-double: “The double-double is the most overrated in the history of stats.“ While talking about some swimming team staying near his hotel: “17 of [...]
- Michigan Debuts Successfully — Last season, to the unobserved, Michigan appeared to have an extremely poor season. However, it was due to the entire starting five turning pro from the national championship game, not to mention our few upperclassmen (Caris LeVert & Derrick Walton) getting hurt during the season. The AP poll respected our down the stretch effort, our [...]
- Wisconsin Upsets Undefeated Kentucky — They fucking did it. After losing to Kentucky in last year’s Final Four, it was a personal vendetta for Bo Ryan and the Badgers to beat John Calipari’s douchey Wildcats this time. Wisconsin used their size to outrebound the trees 34-22. The game was 60-56 UK with just over five minutes until the Big Ten [...]
- We Salute You, Spartans — Hell of a ride, Michigan [...]