With two games left, Indiana had already clinched a share of the title, and a Senior Night win against Ohio State would have given them the title outright. Instead, Ohio State’s win keeps the race wide open, as Michigan can claim a share for themselves by beating Indiana, and both OSU and MSU can join the tie if Michigan wins. In the race for the 6th-9th seeds, the only certainty is that Iowa will not be 9th.
Projecting the 2013 Big Ten Basketball Race: March 8
- Reminding Us Why We Love Basketball — I will never forget this run. I don’t think a single person associated with the Michigan Wolverines will forget these past couple of months, starting with an emphatic win against the Spartans, continuing through a plane crash in the big ten tournament, and culminating with a trip to the Sweet 16. I am so unbelievably [...]
- MICHIGAN TAKES DOWN LOUISVILLE — The Wolverines rallied from a second half deficit to defeat the #2 seed in their bracket by four points with an emphatic block to end the game. Derrick Walton Jr. made a clutch bucket in the waning minutes up two, and young D.J. Wilson continued his solid free throw shooting with four out of four [...]
- Michigan Wins Big Ten Tournament — [...]
- No Coaching on Sunday? — I knew mailmen didn’t deliver on the Holy Day, but, apparently, neither do coaches! My usual clutch Michigan coach John Beilein allowed Maryland to build a tremendous early lead, leaving his team to the mercy of the TV timeout. In the end, we nearly won, and much like my Detroit Pistons, the amount of energy [...]
- Michigan Topples #3 Maryland in Ann Arbor — Without seniors Spike Albrecht and Caris LeVert, the Wolverines withheld the onslaught from the visiting third-ranked team in the country. Speaking of country, Barack Obama is one incredible human being. His State of the Union address may have been his finest ever, articulating every key issue with grace and humility, while providing clear-cut solutions. I [...]