With two games left, Indiana had already clinched a share of the title, and a Senior Night win against Ohio State would have given them the title outright. Instead, Ohio State’s win keeps the race wide open, as Michigan can claim a share for themselves by beating Indiana, and both OSU and MSU can join the tie if Michigan wins. In the race for the 6th-9th seeds, the only certainty is that Iowa will not be 9th.
Projecting the 2013 Big Ten Basketball Race: March 8
- No Coaching on Sunday? — I knew mailmen didn’t deliver on the Holy Day, but, apparently, neither do coaches! My usual clutch Michigan coach John Beilein allowed Maryland to build a tremendous early lead, leaving his team to the mercy of the TV timeout. In the end, we nearly won, and much like my Detroit Pistons, the amount of energy [...]
- Michigan Topples #3 Maryland in Ann Arbor — Without seniors Spike Albrecht and Caris LeVert, the Wolverines withheld the onslaught from the visiting third-ranked team in the country. Speaking of country, Barack Obama is one incredible human being. His State of the Union address may have been his finest ever, articulating every key issue with grace and humility, while providing clear-cut solutions. I [...]
- Bill Walton: Keeping the Faith — Just when we needed him most, Billy W swoops in for the reply on Twitter! @ElSportingSnarf I have tomorrow's morning games — Bill Walton (@BillWalton) November 25, 2015 That final game he would announce, UNLV-Indiana, was a sensational game filled with more anecdotes and Walton wisdoms. Here they are: “This is about to be the [...]
- More Greatness from Billy W. — How blessed are we? Bill Walton is announcing this whole fucking Maui tournament! (Or so it seems!) Here are some gems I took down during his broadcasting of Chaminade-UNLV: At 6-1, minutes into action: “Let’s just call the game and give it to Chaminade right now.” Other announcer: Really? “Throw it down one time big [...]
- The G of Bill Walton — Here’s a collection of what I was able to catch during the 2nd half of Bill Walton announcing the St. John’s-Vanderbilt game this afternoon: Bill is not a fan of the double-double: “The double-double is the most overrated in the history of stats.“ While talking about some swimming team staying near his hotel: “17 of [...]