Are you ready…for some football?
- Lions Finally Win by Double-Digits — That was a nice win by Detroit on the road. We really shut Drew Brees and the New Orleans offense down, limiting them to 13 points. They only could capitalize on some big plays – let’s close out those quarters proper down the stretch. Look, this is huge. We keep rolling one week at a [...]
- At the Buzzer… It’s Goo–od! — The Lions did it. A frustrating game the referees seemed determined to keep close broke it’s tie as time expired and Matt Prater’s 40-yard field goal aired through the uprights. I honestly couldn’t believe it. A few tears escaped my eyes as my dad, brother and I embraced… my bro had shown up for Thanksgiving [...]
- Lions Escape with Poor Play — Much like Michigan, maybe it’s worth taking an early look in the mirror instead of rolling through the season with mistakes uncorrected. In my humble opinion, Matthew Stafford is doing a better job calling plays for the Detroit Lions than the coaches are. We managed to win at home against a mildly talented Jacksonville Jaguars [...]
- Lions Rescue Season at the Buzzer — The Lions led 14-0, 21-7, and 21-10 at halftime – but failed to score for almost the entire second half en route to a 23-21 Eagles lead. Luckily, they fumbled in the waning minutes, allowing Matthew Stafford & company to march down and allow Matt Prater to ice the game with a field goal. The [...]
- THAT’S HOW THAT’S DONE — LIONS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. Yeah, we led 21-3 – yeah, our lack of a secondary allowed it to eventually be tied at 28 – but General Stafford would not be denied nor stopped, upending the opposition with a last second drive that gave our bum kicker a redemption song. Stafford switched it up brilliantly [...]